|3|| The Director, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur or his
nominee not below the rank of Professor
|4|| The Director, lndian Institute of Information Technology,
Allahabad or his nominee not below the rank of Professor
|5|| The Chairman. All India Council for Technical Education or his
|6||The Vice Chancellor or Nominee of the Vice Chancellor, Dr. A.P.J . Abdul Kalam Technical University, not below the rank of Professor||Member|
|7||two reputed industrialists nominated by the State Government||Member|
|8||two reputed technologists nominated by the State Government||Member|
|9|| Principal Secretary/Secretary to the State Government in the
Technical Education Department
|10|| Nominee of Principal Secretary to the State Government in
the Finance Department.
|11||Nominee of Principal Secretary to the State Government in
the Higher Education Department.
|12||the Registrar.||Member Secretary|
The Executive Council shall be the principal executive body of the University, and subject to the provisions of this Act, shall have the following powers and functions namely to:-
(a) to periodically review the functioning of various academic departments, schools and research centers to ensure that they are functioning as per the aims and objects of the University and to give directions, as deemed necessary, for improvements;
(b) to take all necessary steps to ensure that the quality of academic instructions and research in the University meets the prescribed standards and the graduates of the University are able to obtain gainful employment opportunities for higher education and to periodically review the progress in this regard;
(i) The annual accounts, and
(ii) The annual reports of the university
(d) to manage and regulate the finances, accounts, investments, properties, business and all
other administrative affairs of the University and for that purpose, constitute committees and delegate the powers to such committees or such officers of the University as it may deem fit;
(e) to invest any money belonging to the University, including any unapplied income, in or in the purchase of immovable properties in India, with the prior approval of the Chancellor;
(f) to enter into, vary, carryout and cancel contracts on behalf of the University and, for the purpose to appoint such officers as it may think fit;
(g) to provide the buildings, premises, furniture and apparatus and other means needed for carrying on the work of the University;
(h) to entertain. adjudicate upon, and if it thinks fit, to redress any grievances of the officers, the teachers, the students and employees of the University;
(i) to create, with the approval of the Government, and appoint persons to academic as well as other posts in the University;
(j) to appoint examiners and moderators, and if necessary to remove them and fix their fees emoluments and travelling and other allowances after consulting the Academic Council;
(k) to select a common seal for the University;
(l) to exercise such other powers and to perform such other duties as may be considered necessary or imposed on it by or under the Act.
(2) No immovable property of the University shall, except with the prior sanction of the State Government, be transferred (except by way of letting from month to month in the ordinary course of management) by the Executive Council or any other authority/officer of the University, by way of mortgage, sale, exchange, gift or otherwise nor shall any money be borrowed or advance taken on the security thereof except with the previous sanction of the State Government
(3) No expenditure in respect of which approval of the State Government is required, shall be incurred except with such approval previously obtained.
(4) The Executive Council shall not exceed the limits of recurring and nonrecurring expenditure to be incurred in each financial year as fixed by the Finance Committee.
(5) The Executive council shall be responsible for application of reservation on post of teachers and Staff of University as per norms of State Government and Central Government as provided by Constitution of India described by Hon’ble Courts.
(6) The Executive council shall transact the following business at its annual meeting. namely:-
(a) review current academic programmes and collaborative programmes;
(b)suggest new academic programmes consistent. with the industry requirements in higher education;
(c) suggest institution of new degrees, diplomas, certificates, financial research awards, and other academic distinctions etc.;
(d) confer on the recommendations of the Academic Council, honorary degrees or other academic distinctions;
(e) review activities undertaken in the Incubation Hub.
(7 ) The executive council shall at least four times in a year.
(8) The executive council shall review broad policies and programmes of the university and suggest measures for its improvement and development
(9) All decisions of the executive council shall be taken on the basis of opinion of the majority of the members who are present in the meeting. Each member shall have one vote and if there is equality of votes, the chairman of executive council shall, in addition, have a casting vote.
(10) If urgent action by the Executive Council becomes necessary, the Vice-Chancellor may permit the business to be transacted by circulation of papers to the members of the executive Council. The action, so proposed, shall not be taken unless agreed to by a majority of members of Executive Council. The action so taken shall be forthwith intimated to all the members of the Executive Council:
Provided that no such business will be transacted as above if it has financial implications.